YBCA Youth Fellows
As the creative home for civic action, YBCA’s Youth Fellows use art, creative process, and hands-on learning to imagine and implement creative solutions to the issues impacting their communities, and act as leaders, innovators, and artists for social change.
The Youth Fellows Program brings together young people from across the Bay Area to engage in a yearlong journey of inquiry, dialogue, and project generation in collaboration with neighborhood based organizations, activists, and professional artists. Participants learn visual and performance art, media, and critical thinking and communication skills in a fun and supportive environment.
As a Youth Fellow, you will go on a yearlong journey of inquiry, dialogue, and project generation in collaboration with neighborhood-based organizations, activists, and professional artists.
– Participate in creative workshops with professional artists and community organizers
– Make new friends and collaborate with a diverse group of young people
– Learn visual and performance art and media
– Think critically about issues you care about and use art to make change
– Build essential job and life skills such as critical thinking and communication in a supportive environment
– Have fun!
2017-2017 Youth Fellows Schedule:
Application deadline: Wed, Jun 21, 2017
Interview: Thu, Jul 6, 2017
Summer Intensive: Jul 10-14, 2017; M-F, 10AM – 4PM
School Year: Sep 4, 2017 – May 29, 2018; T/Th, 4:30-7:30PM
Engagement and Education Programs in 16-17 are made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, The Wallace Foundation, The Bernard Osher Foundation, Wells Fargo Foundation, The Sato Foundation, and U.S. Bank Foundation.
Young Artists at Work in 16-17 is supported by the The Bernard Osher Foundation, The Sato Foundation, U.S. Bank, and Wells Fargo Foundation.