Sat December 9th Open 11 AM–5 PM
If you are here you have a seed baby to raise. The seed babies are embedded into different types of handmade paper that represent the ancient colors our ancestors used in all textiles. They were made locally at Shotwell Paper Mill using traditional Western papermaking tools and techniques. Each color/number is a different seed so check your color to see which seed baby you have.
1. Chia: Made from San Francisco grown New Zealand Flax
2. Prickly Pear: Paper made from raw cotton futon stuffing
3. Ponytail Palm: made from denim
4. Bronze Mignonette Lettuce: Made from cardboard
5. Miner’s Lettuce: Made from recycled matt board from SF MOMA
6. Spearmint: Made from recycled coffee filters