Job Title: Security Guard
Status: Regular, Full Time (37.5 hrs/week, benefited)
Schedule: Varying schedule, including evenings & weekends
Reports to: Security & Public Safety Supervisor
- From assigned post, monitors the entering and exiting of the facilities by YBCA staff and visitors visually or through CCTV. Comply with all post orders and requirements and with all YBCA policies, procedures and work rules, including policies on access and security.
- Guard and maintain security of the artwork, exhibitions and other YBCA property.
- On occasion, will be assigned to routinely patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, gates, etc.
- Respond to alarms, emergencies, threats which may include evacuation of the facility.
- Attends required safety and emergency training programs.
- Prepare detailed reports such as incidents, injury equipment or property damage, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences. The reports include but are not limited to Incident Reports that cover injury or damage to property and/or Daily Activity Report which reports on daily activities and/or End of Day Reports.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Provide traffic control for trucks entering/leaving the loading dock.
- Assist janitorial team with pulling out/bringing in trash receptacles.
- Assist with evening or weekend special events.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to staff and visitors both in person and over the phone which includes taking messages, answering routine questions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skill in operating office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine and telephone system. Position will include a large amount of walking between buildings and on event sites and is on his/her feet consistently. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is primarily located at 701 Mission Street, San Francisco, however may require traveling to other locations or off-site meetings, event sites as required by the job.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
- A current guard card is required.
- Must be age 21 or older with High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 year experience in building security or related field. Good oral and written English communication skills. Must be able to write routine, comprehensive reports. Bilingual skills ideal.
- Current Training in First Aid, CPR, self-defense and other safety-related issues desired.
- Ability to react well under pressure and to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics, and to manage difficult or high-pressured situations.
- Able to work effectively with all staff, clients and the public, presenting a positive image of the organization.
- Must be able to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible and possess sense of humor.
- Physically able to patrol building facilities.
- Employment is contingent upon passing required Criminal Background Check.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Security Guard” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).