Job Title: Production Manager
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week, Benefited)
Schedule: Schedule will include evenings & weekends
Reports to: Director of Production
- Establish and maintain productive and cooperative relationships with commercial and community renters.
- Responsible for adherence to production budgets for all productions as assigned
- Advise, coordinate and enforce YBCA regulations and policies, including IATSE labor agreement and YBCA’s own use policies for use of YBCA facilities, with visiting designers, technical personnel, and/or independent contractors.
- Serve as resource for external and YBCA event planners in projecting events within YBCA’s facilities.
- Generate and maintain comprehensive production files (including but not limited to: initial contact records, production expense estimates, event information sheets, technical run sheets, production plans, set-up diagrams and CAD drawings, final expenditures, and other information pertinent to each project).
- Oversee production process including attending planning meetings, implementing and integrating agreed upon production needs to our facilities and resources.
- Control production expenditures and implementation to ensure the safe, secure use of facilities while working to maintain overall client satisfaction.
- Assist YBCA’s Director of Production in generating, editing and maintaining technical specification records and electronic packages.
- Assist YBCA’s Director of Production with planning theatrical equipment purchases, upgrades, maintenance, and repairs.
- In collaboration with the Director of Production and the Senior Production Manager assess safety needs and offer solutions for a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater, Production, or similar field of study
- At least 5 years successful production management experience in both commercial and community arts based projects
- Excellent organizational skills, with particular attention to detail
- Vector Works, Lightwright, and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of theatrical systems, including lighting, sound, rigging, AV/Video, etc.
- Experience with Theatrical Unions
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a production management team and resolving problems
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Flexibility to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, and weekends
- Interest and willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefit, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.