New Media Intern
Job Title: New Media Intern
Schedule: Must be able to work 10–20 hours per week; 6 month minimum commitment preferred; flexible schedule depending on course load
Reports to: New Media Manager
Pay Rate: Unpaid
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is seeking two versatile New Media Interns to help our Marketing team tell the story of this unique organization. Interns will work collaboratively with the New Media Manager to create a variety of content for online & onsite digital platforms, in support of YBCA’s diverse artistic programs. This internship provides hands-on experience in communicating with arts & culture audiences, while helping shape the institutional voice for a major arts organization. It also provides the opportunity to engage deeply with YBCA’s many visual arts, performing arts, film/video, and civic engagement programs. Applicants should have a strong, self-motivated interest in new media publishing, social media platforms & practices, and an active interest in cultural changemaking and the work of creative communities of all kinds.
- Produce content for onsite and online digital media platforms
- Maintain lists of targeted audiences for new media content and advertising
- Track and report social media and advertising metrics
- Opportunity for self-initiated projects determined by candidate’s skills and interests (potential project areas include editorial, web development, marketing & advertising).
- Must be fluent in the use of all major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Excellent writing skills, especially writing for brand voice
- Basic capabilities in graphic design and photo editing, especially for public consumption; comfortable with creative software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, iMovie)
- Skill in producing photography and video content for social media platforms
- Well versed in the social dynamics of online communities
- Current/recent coursework in marketing, public relations, the arts, community engagement, or related fields
- Obsessive attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects flawlessly
- Experience working in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Course credit, if applicable, in partnership with educational institution
- Opportunity to work with the marketing, curatorial, and administrative staffs at YBCA
- Valuable real-world work experience, and the ability to have an immediate impact
- References/Letters of Recommendation will be given upon successful completion.
Send your resume and a cover letter — along with any links to your own social media relevant to this internship — to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “New Media Intern 2017” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes — really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your internship search!