Membership and Development Coordinator
Job Title: Membership and Development Coordinator
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week, Benefited)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, to include some events evenings/weekends
Reports to: Director of Community Growth
The Membership and Development Coordinator is a key member of the YBCA Development team, managing the acquisition and retention of current members and responsible for administrative support for Membership, Individual Gifts and Institutional Support in conjunction with the Grant Writer. In addition, special projects and special event support falls under the responsibilities of the Coordinator.
- Support Development Department with general data entry and management in Tessitura, including identifying opportunities to further streamline data-entry process to ensure accuracy;
- Track proper credits for funders and donors on all print materials and web;
- Support Development Department with projects related to special-events, direct mail and annual fund campaigns, raffle activities, prospect research and tracking, and other projects as assigned;
- Attend and work YBCA functions (Opening Night Parties, YBCA 100, special Development events, etc).
- Maintain Development department’s calendars, both in Google calendars and the Events database
- Provide superior customer service in all interactions with community members.
- Provide support for the planning, development, coordination and implementation of the direct mail, e-mail, and online Membership and Annual Fund campaigns in conjunction with the Director, Community Growth and Major Gifts.
- Manage patron lifecycle in conjunction with the Marketing department and identify/cultivate members for upgrade campaigns.
- Provide education and information regarding benefits offered with each level of membership; effectively articulate YBCA’s mission and programs.
- Process Membership entry; send out fulfillment packages and acknowledgments in a timely manner;
- Prepare monthly renewal letters and email renewal solicitations for Membership;
- Track Membership sales through reports and reconcile discrepancies with Accounting;
- Field membership inquiries and fulfill requests for replacement cards, address changes, etc;
- Take the lead as the Development Department’s Tessitura Power User. Understand all the development functions of the database, test upgrades, and maintain development user manual
- Schedule and manage membership presence at events. Onboard and train a pool of Membership Volunteers and an on-call Community Ambassador.
- Process Individual Gift entry; send out fulfillment packages and acknowledgments in a timely manner;
- Maintain individual donor files;
- Track Individual Gifts through reports and reconcile discrepancies with Accounting;
- Process Institutional Gift entry
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Liberal Arts, Business, Humanities or Arts Administration or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience in administrative work, 1 year development-related work preferred.
- 1 year donor database experience in Tessitura (preferred), Raiser’s Edge, or similar CRM software required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, resolving issues and developing strategies for development efforts;
- Experience working effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefit, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Send your resume and a brief paragraph outlining your interest in working for YBCA to email@example.com. Please include “Membership and Development Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!