Job Title: Marketing Manager
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 Hours/Week with Benefits)
Schedule: Mon-Fri, includes some evenings and weekends
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
- Develop, implement, and track marketing plans for a variety of YBCA initiatives/programs
- Be a brand steward; ensure the organization correctly leverages our visual identity and brand voice across all public-facing programs and communications
- Aid in the creation of protocols/processes that enable the marketing team to work more effectively and efficiently
- Learn Tessitura database fundamentals like email list creation, attendance reports, etc.
- Be a strong utility player; contributing knowledge and hands-on assistance to our web, social media, public relations, and content marketing efforts as needed
- Serve as mentor to other members of the Marketing team; providing guidance/expertise and modeling behaviors that set the bar for success
- Take on Assoc. Director of Marketing’s responsibilities in their absence, including running cross-departmental meetings, decision making/troubleshooting, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three (3) years of professional experience in marketing, communications, advertising, or journalism or similar experience.
- Proven success with project management from kick-off to completion.
- Experience with managing direct reports.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, along with demonstrated success with managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of print production and managing printer/mailhouse relations
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Diplomacy, tact, integrity, flexibility, patience, sense of humor, team orientation and the ability to negotiate and compromise to find viable solutions.
- Proven interpersonal skills a must.
- Experience working effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office, project management apps, and all major social media platforms.
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, Google AdWords, and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, the realms of contemporary art, civic engagement, and social responsibility.
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Send your resume, desired salary, and cover letter outlining your interest in working for YBCA to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).