Job Title: Marketing Associate
Status: Regular, Full Time (37.5 hrs/week, benefited)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, to include some events evenings/weekends
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
The Marketing Associate is a key member of the Marketing team dedicated to increasing awareness of YBCA, it’s mission and programming. This position supports the Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for project management assistance along with daily administrative tasks that enable the successful execution of marketing plans and campaigns. This person must be highly organized and detail oriented, undertaking a variety of information gathering and performing administrative duties that ensures the functional operation of the marketing department.
- Support the planning and execution of Marketing plans and strategy
- Serve as a project manager for a range of projects led by Chief Marketing Officer, providing administrative support as needed.
- Will liaison with all levels of staff and external partners; schedule events; and take/distribute meeting notes.
- Design presentations and prepare written marketing materials in promoting programming and partnerships, managing proofing and distribution internally and externally
- Execute a broad variety of administrative tasks, including managing an active calendar of complex appointments and completing expense reports
- Support CMO in managing department budget, processing invoices and serving as the primary point of contact for all vendors
- Provide support in the preparation for meetings including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items and drafting the agenda
- Act as a point of contact between executives and employees/partners
- Contribute creative ideas for marketing plans, partnerships and content production, as a member of the marketing team
- Other duties as assigned
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Art History, related field OR relevant work experience.
- Strong writing, typing, and editing skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to track multiple tasks at once.
- Experience with G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office, and all major social media platforms.
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, Google AdWords, and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable but not required.
- Comfortable working flexibly within a diverse team.
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, the realms of contemporary art, civic engagement, and social responsibility.
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter.
PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Send your resume, cover letter, and desired compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Associate, your name” in the subject line of your email. Let us know how you heard about us!
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).