Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Status: Full-Time (37.5 Hours/Week with Benefits)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, some evenings, weekends, & events
Reports to: Facilities Director
Pay Rate: $22.84/hr
The Facilities Coordinator will report to the Facilities Director and will work in collaboration with the Facilities team to ensure the day-to-day administration of facility services, including, but not limited to: building and equipment maintenance, janitorial and environmental health and safety (EH&S) services, scheduling and safety. Works with all YBCA departments to fulfill organizational needs in a timely manner. Monitors facility conditions and report issues and/or potential issues to minimize building problems that may affect workflow activities.
- Schedule weekly janitorial requests for YBCA programs and events, communicate with janitorial management company these needs and additional concerns. Work in tandem with Security department to align schedules.
- Work with the Facilities Director to monitor, track and coordinate facility service requests in a timely manner.
- Communicate new work requests to the Facilities Director and arrange/schedule.
- Communicate with appropriate YBCA staff: issues/solutions, decisions, repair scheduling and completion of work.
- Communicate with vendors as requested.
- Work with the Facilities Director to coordinate and monitor building maintenance and provide timely communication with the appropriate staff of scheduled services. Ensure that all scheduled building maintenance does not adversely affect workflow and minimizes disruption if work must be done during business hours.
- Coordinate and schedule services, including First Aid and safety trainings, scheduled maintenance, repairs, and inspections.
- Assist with facilities related projects including but not limited to office moves, upgrades, build-outs, etc. Prepare Facilities department expense invoices to be processed and organize Facilities credit card expenses.
- Manage supplies and equipment in the administrative office areas including printer and kitchen area. Order food supplies for All Staff meetings and kitchen. Distribute mail to staff mailboxes daily.
- Conduct on-boarding orientation and facility tours with newly hired employees.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years facility related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with all employees and visitors as well as establish and maintain positive working relationships across the organization.
- Strong written and computer skills including knowledge Excel, Word, & PowerPoint are plus.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively with a customer service orientation.
- Must be dependable, completes assigned tasks accurately and on-time, and possesses excellent follow-through.
- Proven ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and shift priorities quickly.
- Personal attributes include flexibility, integrity, good judgment and decision making.
- The ideal candidate will be professional, personable and discrete to ensure privacy and confidentiality of company business, employees and guests.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, optional participation in the 403(b) Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Send your resume, cover letter, and desired compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Facilities Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).