Email Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Email Marketing Specialist
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 Hours/Week with Benefits)
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is now accepting applications for an experienced and versatile Email Marketing Specialist. This is a unique opportunity to help one of the Bay Area’s most vital arts institutions take their email marketing program to the next level. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of YBCA’s email marketing program, from end to end email production and deployment, to executing a thoughtful data-driven program that drives increased interaction. The right candidate will be a highly dependable self-starter with a passion for contemporary culture.
- Help create and implement a “lifecycle” strategy for YBCA’s email marketing program.
- Partner with Marketing and Development teams to identify key behavioral triggers and deploy automated campaigns based on these behaviors.
- Define all campaign objectives and KPI’s prior to launch.
- Create/manage all email templates and help craft copy as needed.
- Conduct A/B testing on key email campaigns to maximize effectiveness.
- Help set up digital retargeting campaigns based on email behavior.
- Own all email segmentation and contact database hygiene.
- Create online campaigns that help drive email list growth.
- Track and report out key metrics for each campaign.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and trends, and use those learnings to inform collective decision making.
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing, deploying, and analyzing complex email marketing programs for a company or non-profit organization.
- Self-starter who thrives when they are building something from scratch.
- Proven track record of improving the performance of email marketing programs.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with minimal oversight.
- Must effectively manage workload to align with project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to tackle all subject matter with empathy and sensitivity.
- Passion for the arts, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Hands-on experience with an EMS such as Mailchimp, Wordfly, or Constant Contact. Wordfly experience is a huge plus.
- Experience managing data flow between CRM systems and email marketing software.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; especially Photoshop
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics
- Basic understanding of WordPress
- Basic HTML coding skills are preferred but not required
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Send your resume, desired salary, and cover letter outlining your interest in working for YBCA to email@example.com. Please include “Email Marketing Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).