Job Title: Development Coordinator
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week, Benefited)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, to include some events evenings/weekends
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Development
- Through a range of administrative functions, support the strategy, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major donors.
- Track the moves management process for donor prospects and produce assignment reports to assist solicitation team members in portfolio management.
- Conduct donor research and prepare constituent profiles for the solicitation team.
- Effectively articulate YBCA’s mission and programs and help maintain the accuracy of donor communications for major giving.
- Process gifts and pledges and send out fulfillment packages and acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- Maintain accuracy of individual constituent files and actively improve the quality of donor records.
- Collaborate with members of the Development team to ensure accurate crediting of major donors in external communications.
- Track progress towards financial goals and reconcile discrepancies with Accounting.
- Provide superior donor relations via the phone, online, and in person.
- Process institutional gifts, grants, and sponsorship awards and coordinate with the Institutional Giving team on funder acknowledgments.
- Support fulfillment of corporate sponsor benefits and the stewardship of all institutional funders.
- Ensure proper crediting of institutional funders in external communications.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and accuracy of institutional funder records.
- Support the planning and implementation of major donor cultivation and stewardship events and special projects.
- Serve as a liaison to the YBCA events team and other departments on major donor event details and logistics.
- Coordinate list management, distribution of invitations, RSVPs, and post-event communications for major donor cultivation events.
- Assist the Membership and Development Coordinator in compiling invitation lists for regular member/donor recognition events such as Opening Night Parties and the YBCA 100 Summit.
- Participate as assigned at donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Liberal Arts, Business, Humanities, Arts Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated administrative experience in a development office.
- 1 year donor database experience in Tessitura (preferred), Raiser’s Edge, or similar CRM software is required, including frequent data entry and report generation.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, resolving issues and developing strategies to support revenue generation.
- Experience working effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid time for volunteer work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefit, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Send your resume and a brief paragraph outlining your interest in working for YBCA to email@example.com. Please include “Development Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).