Data Insights Manager
Job Title: Data Insights Manager
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 Hours/Week with Benefits)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, some evenings, weekends, & events
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
This role presents the opportunity to have an immediate impact at one of the Bay Area’s most vital arts organizations. As the Data Insights Manager, you will turn hard data into actionable insights and compelling stories to inform key business decisions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams focused on programming, marketing and finance to inform decision making across the organization. You will play a leading role to promote a culture of data-driven decision-making.
Mission: We generate culture that moves people.
Vision: A community that thrives on inspiration.
The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values:
Abundance: We operate from a place of strength, with a spirit of empathy and generosity.
Authentic Collaboration: We are engaged and interconnected.
Personal Agency: We are empowered and accountable.
Boldness: We create with courage and purpose.
- Design and monitor performance reporting for ticketing, marketing and visitor experience, delivering analysis to support immediate business data needs
- Translate business, financial, and constituent data into organizational dashboards that can be understood by a variety of stakeholders
- Become a power user of the Tessitura software platform, which serves as YBCA’s constituent database and ticketing system
- Analyze attendance, sales, and constituent data to help identify key drivers of participation, loyalty, and retention
- Standardize how and when data is collected across the organization
- Establish and lead a data collection training process for key YBCA staff
- Create and maintain various reports that provide ongoing insight and track progress against key business metrics
- Perform ad hoc data analysis as needed, to answer questions and guide strategy
- Work alongside Marketing, IT, Development and Visitor Services to implement database upgrades in a timely fashion
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve ad hoc database issues
- Provide support to secondary data systems, and ensure their integration into YBCA’s broader CRM strategy
- Oversee data collection management for various grants, collaborating with development team and staff to conduct surveys 2-4 times per month
- Lead an internal committee of colleagues focused on data who will partner with you to to drive a data-driven culture in meeting the goals outlined in our strategic plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in data collection, analysis and reporting
- Hands-on experience with a complex CRM database system
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to examine raw data and extract actionable insights
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Tessitura is a plus
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- A “get it done” spirit and a creative problem solver at heart
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Passion for art and culture
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Send your resume, cover letter, and desired compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Data Insights Manager” and your name in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).