Job Title: Communications Assistant
Status: Regular, Full-Time (benefited, 37.5 hrs/wk)
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Reports to: Associate Director of External Communications
The communications assistant supports YBCA’s communications and content strategy in alignment with YBCA’s overarching marketing strategy to increase awareness of YBCA. The role requires a strong organizational skills with proven skills in public relations and basic understanding of digital media strategies.
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, media alerts, and social media posts) as directed
- Oversee the daily media monitoring and archiving of YBCA’ s news coverage, assembling a weekly recap and creating coverage reports
- Research individual reporters and publications to maintain and update media lists
- Respond to media requests for photos, press releases, bios, and other content
- Support the execution of content strategy plans through the management of meeting agendas, timelines, and tasks
- Coordinate and distribute email campaigns to press through email distribution platform
- Assist with the planning and execution of of press previews and opening night events.
- Perform functions related to YBCA’s social media presence under the direction of the social media manager to enhance visibility with key audiences.
- Support analytic reporting efforts to measure success of digital content
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years experience in public relations and/or corporate communications and social media
- Experience with social media tools and platforms
- A creative mind that loves to experiment and take calculated risks.
- Must possess extremely proficient writing skills.
- A natural networker and team player with strong social skills who can juggle multiple projects with finesse.
- Driven self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and work cross-functionally with various teams on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English preferred
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Cision, PR Newswire, Wordfly
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Send your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in working for YBCA to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).