Job Title: Bar Staff
Schedule: Variable schedule, evenings & weekends required
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Pay Rate: $16.32/hr +tips
YBCA is hiring on-call bar staff for YBCA’s dynamic performances and public/private special events. Bar Staff are warm and professional in serving varied audiences in an efficient manner. In addition to making guests feel welcome and valued, this position is accountable for responsible alcohol service, cash handling and POS system input, fast accurate service, and attention to detail in the presentation of products and services. This position is great for a person trying to gain bartending experience in San Francisco. Personal interest in contemporary arts, media, performance and events is a plus. Shift availability changes month to month, so this position should be considered supplemental.
• Set up and break down of bars for events
• Learn to mix and serve specialty drinks as need
• Sell drinks and snacks during event
• Provide excellent customer service
• Check IDs for alcohol sales
• Professional appearance, all black attire required for specific events
• Cash handling and use of point of sale system (POS)
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years’ experience in sales, customer service, or related position
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, and weekends
• Food Service and/or Bartending experience is a plus
• Experience using Square POS system is a plus
Benefits include PTO, Reciprocal Museum Admission with most San Francisco Bay Area and select national museums, TIPS Certification (lasting three years), free and reduced rate admission to YBCA events/performances/exhibitions, and potential access to SF City Health Option programs.
Send your resume and a brief paragraph outlining your interest in working for YBCA to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Bar Staff” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).