Sales Associate – Part Time
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is a multidisciplinary contemporary arts center anchoring the arts district at 3rd and Mission in downtown San Francisco in the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens. YBCA presents bold and innovative contemporary visual art exhibitions, performances and film/video screenings that provoke dialogue on the vital issues of our time. We are currently seeking Part Time Sales Associates to join our Box Office team.
We are currently seeking a Sales Associate — Part Time
Department: Marketing & Communications
Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: Ticket Services Manager
Schedule: Variable Schedule, Evenings and Weekends required
Pay rate: $12.82 per hour
- Warmly greet patrons upon entry to the facilities; present a positive, welcoming and knowledgeable demeanor regarding YBCA and its programs
- Provide prompt, accurate and courteous assistance/information and maintain enthusiastic positive rapport with visitors, audiences, clients, ticket outlets and the public
- Sell and process admissions, single tickets, ticket packages, Memberships and merchandise by telephone, mail, fax, online and in person
- Participate in YBCA efforts to achieve revenue goals by suggestively selling tickets, ticket packages, Memberships and merchandise
- Operate Tessitura computer terminals, ticket printers, and telephone equipment for ticket sales and gallery admissions
- Actively solicit and enter customer information into database for every possible ticket transaction. Data collection is essential to effective customer service and marketing efforts
- Under direction of Ticket Services Manager and Assistant Ticket Services Manager, produce sales reports and analysis and other data (mail/email lists, etc.) as requested
- Assist customers with ticket exchanges, ticket returns and ticket donations
- Under direction of the Ticket Services Manager and Assistant Ticket Services Manager, staff ticket office for walk-up sales and will-call; resolve seating problems and respond to patron inquiries and requests
- Under direction of the Ticket Services Manager and Assistant Ticket Services Manager, staff off-site Box Offices for contracted clients
- Provide assistance and information to rental clients
- Reconcile cash/checks and charges with ticket sales daily
- Assist with transmission and reconciliation of credit card charges to bank
- Set up or close down the Ticket Office as required
- Attend all staff and departmental meetings as required by management and participate in cross-departmental initiatives as required
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least 2 years experience in sales, customer service or similar position
- Accuracy and integrity in handling financial transactions and large sums of money
- Familiarity with PC computer systems and software, telephone systems and office equipment
- Familiarity with computerized ticketing services; FAMILIARITY WITH TESSITURA A PLUS
- Familiarity with and commitment to the Center's customer service policies and standards
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Diplomacy, tact, sense of humor, flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently with minimum supervision
- Must work effectively with staff, clients, patrons and the public, presenting a positive image of the organization
- Knowledge of and interest in the arts preferred
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English a plus
- Ability to work variable schedules, including days, evenings and weekends
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter
How to Apply
In addition to your resume, please include “PT Sales Associate” in the subject line of your email and a brief paragraph outlining your interest in working for YBCA to email@example.com
Please, no phone calls or faxes — really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only.We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. The Center encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.